The following are the current COVID-19 policies and procedures at FCC:
- FCC Covid Policy (pdf last updated November 2023)
- WA State Department of Health Immunization Manual for Schools, Preschools, and Child Care Facilities (wa.gov) , (pdf last updated October 2023)
Mask Usage at FCC
FCC lifted mandatory mask requirements for daily operations but continues to strongly encourage masking especially after travel. FCC reserves the right to update the mask wearing policy at any time to remain current with Public Health guidance. As of November 2023, mask wearing is optional for both adults and children while inside FCC with the following exceptions:
• Individuals recovering from a positive case of COVID-19 are required to wear a well-fitting mask after their 5-day isolation on days 6-10.
• If exposed to COVID-19, regardless of vaccination status, adults and children in the Snowflakes, Shining Stars, Satellites, Comets, or Moonbeams should wear a well fitted mask for days 0 – 10 after last known exposure. Proof of two negative test antigen tests taken 24 hours apart provided on Day 6 can remove this requirement.
• Face coverings should not be worn by children under 2 years of age which includes children assigned to the Clouds and Sunshines rooms.
• The Rainbow room includes children 18 months up to 3 years of age. Masks may be encouraged / practiced with teacher support for children at least 2 years of age or older if there is a known exposure. If a child over the age of 2 is resistant to mask wearing, parents or guardians will be notified. If a child is under the age of 2 and should not wear a mask per Public Health guidelines.
Additional notes on face coverings:
• N95 or KN95 masks are encouraged due to increased effectiveness when mask coverings are required.
• Children may be assisted in taking masks on and off.
• Children will remove their masks for outdoor time, naps, and mealtimes.
• Cloth face coverings should be washed and dried between uses.