The following bullets are the current COVID-19 protocols at FCC:
- Parents drop children off at the hallway double doors – Paper work needs to be completed daily by you, and temperatures taken and recorded by staff. Masks now required for all people 2 years and older.
- We will ask you for the time your child will be picked up and encourage you to have the same pick up person each day. Knowing the time helps teachers know If they need to bring your child’s lunchbox and personal belongings outside with them.
- It takes time to drop off and pick up – because of having a runner available to take the child(ren) to and from check-in or out. The infants could be picked up from their deck, Rainbow and Moonbeam children can be picked up from their classroom exterior doors, or playground if they are outside when you arrive. Scheduled playground times are listed at the check in table.
- We ask that you not “hang out” on the playground or mingle with other families in an effort to keep our exposure rate at a minimum.
- We are trying to alter teacher shifts to avoid teachers working in multiple classrooms. Knowing your arrival and departure times could assist us in accomplishing this goal.
- If a staff person becomes sick – we would need to figure out staffing
- Depending on the issue (illness) the staff person may need to be gone for a few days or 2 weeks
- May not be able to return until testing is done and results are back
- If your child becomes sick – we follow the recommendations of our public health department and your child’s health care provider. As with staff your child may not be able to return for a few days or until testing is complete, up to 2 weeks.
- If you will be travelling on an airplane please plan to self quarantine for 14 days before returning your child to FCC.
- Staff are wearing masks while at FCC except: if they have a health related issue that makes it difficult to breathe with a mask; during meals; if alone and without children.
- We do not combine classrooms or have children visit.
- Children are not on the playgrounds with other groups, unless playground separated by cones
- We are not using individual water bottles at this time – we are using water pitchers and paper cups for outside.
- Toys are cleaned and sanitized daily.
- Teachers are creating individual bags for markers, crayons, playdough, etc. for each child.
- Dress-up clothes have been removed for now.
- We are asking that stuffed animals not be brought for nap time. The stuffed animals from FCC are put away for now.
I know this is a great deal to absorb. We are in this together. If you have ideas for us, please let us know. Thank you. Stay healthy. Keep smiling. Even with a mask your eyes still smile.